notes from the girl next door

Monday, July 25, 2005

busy and hot monday

the time is now 10:28 and so far i have been to the store and mowed the front and back yards.
now that may not seem like a huge deal, but it's a short acre with a push mower and the current temperature outside is 88 degrees and the heat index is a muggy 92. i have sweat from every pore in my body i think.

there is nothing more uncomfortable than sweat. sweat in my eyes makes me crazy and i hate the taste of sweat and grass mixed together, but the good news is that i got it done before it hit the projected 100 degrees for today and i got it done before the rain (thank the goddess for the rain!) hits tomorrow. if i had let it go with getting that good rainfall and then waiting til it dried out then i'm sure it would have been impossible to mow without choking up the mower every 5 feet.

you know, its sometimes mind boggling for me to think of where i am now compared to where i once was. i have never been a "hands on outdoors" girl. even when i was a kid and my siblings were outside playing, i was in my room with my books and my notebooks and pens and pencils making up some make believe place where i was something more than ordinary. and because of never having an interest in learning how to make things, or do things, or learn how things work mechanically, i am now 38 and just learning. and that is okay, because i am at least willing to try to learn and not sit here and whine that i can't get things done.

it saddens me that my summer is winding down. this is the last week of my lovely vacation. and it was lovely, despite the turmoil. huge change happened, some of it good and some not so good, but all in perspective and all in good time, it has been a summer that i needed to happen. i needed these events to take place in my life so that i can achieve all that i want to with the rest of my life.

i had a plan for this morning, to wash the walls and prep them for paint and then mow the yard, but as with all best laid plans, they went awry because something from the outside world interferred. but that's okay. i have learned that if nothing else, if nothing else, i am resilient and i can adjust to change.

and i found the perfect little wallhanging to hang right by my front door... it seems to fit right now...

"so this isn't home sweet home... adjust"

i can't wait til the walls are all done to put it up!

peace kids... i have to go shower and get dirty with the walls now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home