notes from the girl next door

Saturday, August 13, 2005

undone

the most important task left undone
ripped me raw and left me spent,
tears rolling down my cheeks
as the visions of hours passed in happiness
that would never happen
my thoughtlessness
undone
and all that remained were my tears
scorching my cheeks hot
to remind me of all
that would never happen,
my failures not forgotten
i was undone

baby, baby, baby
it's so urgent
i need you now
come, come please
baby, baby, baby
all those feelings
we cannot say
that yearning unnamed,
indescribable
baby, baby, baby
i feel you, you feel me
no need suppressed
tied under, pinned down
head over heels
baby, baby, baby.

i'm at the end of a very rough week.
at the end of an extremely long day.
i had to get my stuff ready today ... my deadline. they kicked me out at 7:30. monday is showtime. there is no time left. i am proud of what i have done. it is exceedingly good work. possibly the best i have ever done. the most colorful, the most creative and the most focused on the goal. but only one piece of it was completely finished. i need to do more... and i want to do it right this time and not like i have in years past. starting off slightly scattered, askew and disorganized.

but doing what i did left me drained and exhausted and emotionally on edge.
and i didn't do something that was very important and it made me sad.

but the boy helped me through it
god i love him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home