notes from the girl next door

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

working girl blues

*bleh* as my good friend julia says.

it's 6:07 am and i have been up exactly 30 minutes and that's exactly how i feel *bleh*

this getting up early at 5:30 to report to work at 7:30 stinks.
i am soooooo not used to this.
so i've been taking my nightly meds at 8:30 so that i can try to get somewhat in the mode for sleep by a reasonable hour and still manage to get up when the alarm clock goes off without the hangover caused by the combination of a few of my meds. it seems to be working, except for this morning, because i am completely and totally exhausted. maybe it's because it's wednesday and this is the 3rd day of getting up at 5:30?

so i know people are probably reading this and thinking ... it takes you 2 hours to get ready for work???? no .. it takes me about 40 minutes and that includes showering. but it takes me a good hour to wake up enough to get into the shower. i have to have time to sit in the morning and have my coffee and just open my eyes enough to think.

and my slackerhood is coming back to bite me in the ass...
i have known all summer what the date was for me to go back to school and yet i have pushed all these phone calls and things i have to make to the very last day. and so this week i have been coming home at 3 and getting on the phone to make appts and handle things that i could have handled last week or the week before that... but i contend that there was no possible way that i could have stopped in the middle of my home improvements to take care of such mundane business. so from about 3 until 7 or 8 this place has been grand central in the evenings with phone calls and people in and out of the house doing this or that thing. suddenly everybody wants something from me and they are all things that i have to do or promised i would do at some point over the summer.

the bottom line is ... this going back to work business has left very little time in my schedule for me or those things that i enjoy.

there is hope though....
friday i get off work at 1 and on monday i'm off all day ....
work starts back up again in earnest next tuesday so i have a little long weekend reprieve which i will so desperately need to get my shit together.

well my time is up. (and by the way it's a bitter pill that my time isn't my own anymore)

onward with the day ...
peace kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home