notes from the girl next door

Saturday, April 23, 2005

jumbled yarns

i know what i promised i would do and what i need to do but the words won't come for that just yet. but the words are in my brain for this. i took a hot bath, and now i need to clear my head. my head hurts like a motherfucker, thank you.

and they give people darvocet for migraines... go figure.

i wish i had the words for this task. i really do.
goddamn it. they are all jumbled up in my head like some twisted ball of yarn. if i could only find the end i'd have it untangled...

and you sit here findin yourself thinking
nobody gives a shit really
you could lock yourself in a closet
and what would it matter?
cloistered away for a hundred years or more
and then one day it comes ...
some reason to care
just crashes into the room
no warning signs, no bells or whistles
just some random hurricane
meant to be.

fuck
*sigh*
fuck
*sigh*
fuck

somehow that's supposed to make it better?

oh how i want a drive in the country, or better yet round my lake, round my park, round my dam, round my spillway with the sun shinin through the spring trees. let the sun dance on the water and make a million diamonds that i can have all to myself to string on the wind ...

i'd wear his letter jacket or his class ring
i'd wear his love in a locket
but not his heart upon my sleeve.
far too precious a thing to bang on the wall
or bump in the night
or pull on a corner
i'd wear him all over me
but not his heart on my sleeve.

here's to wonky saturdays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home