notes from the girl next door

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

tender little playlists

"if i could baby i'd give you my world, how can i if you won't take it from me..."
go your own way, fleetwood mac

just a musical commentary...
yesterday i was at applebee's and i heard this cheesy rendition of one of my favorite songs of the moment "go your own way", and it was being badly sung by Wilson Phillips and i wanted to puke. nobody can belt that out like lindsay buckingham, and the best version of it i have found is on 'the dance' cd.

i mean my god, he was singing those words to stevie nicks after he was done with their relationship, you have to be able to feel the bitterness of some of his words. i'm sorry but the little golden girls just don't have the venom of a broken heart to do it justice.

i have been thinking a lot about music in the last half hour or so.
trying to match the playlist on my player to the playlist in my mind.
you know it does work, and everybody does it.

the last time we made love to the playlist it was sooooooooooooo good.
it was so different.
it was special.
there was a certain rhythm about it and it was good.

something else happened then besides that rhythm...
quite possibly the most erotic thing a man has ever done to me in my life.
and i didn't outright say it ...
but i said it to him in a way that let him know it was one of those things that just took my breathe away and yet i couldn't talk about it in words that would make sense to anyone other than me ...
it's such a tender, secret thing.

and it's such a little thing too.
it probably wouldn't mean a thing to any other woman in the world but me.
we all have our mysteries.

it's early now and i am going to bed i think.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home