notes from the girl next door

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

vacation time

i feel so good and well rested this morning and i'm smiling and happy :)

i got a good 7 1/2 hours sleep last night without a sleeping pill. good, honest sleep that came from being tired and relaxed. i think it's the absence of sex in my life at home that creates the need for sleeping pills, because here with my wonderful boy, i don't need them.

i cooked for him last night. we looked on the internet for a recipe that called for chicken and rice, something his mother used to make for him that he called "sunday chicken". so we found it and i made it for him, and it was good and he loved it. i was surprised at how good it was myself. it was really tasty. it makes me happy when i can cook for him and it was such a simple thing. it sounds really silly but he was on the phone with his sister while i was cooking and waiting for the chicken to come out of the oven and i heard him tell her when the timer went off "well i need to go my supper is ready, i'm having sunday chicken". i guess i'm a silly girl if little stuff like that makes me happy.

so we got busy playing darts after dinner and he told me to leave the mess, which is no big deal, because i could always get up in the morning and clean up because i'm on vacation. but what a big surprise i found when i got up this morning! he was all dressed and just on his way out the door for work and he had written me a note ... the dishwasher was loaded and running, he had made my coffee for me, he had started laundry and he had even prepped the bathroom for me to take a nice relaxing bath later. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!! never, ever have i had a guy go out of his way to be so sweet to me. here he is trying to get ready for work and he is rushing around doing housework so i don't have to do it when i get up because i'm on vacation. how sweet!!!!!!!

so today it's already swampy hot outside and the sun is blazing. i'm sooooo glad. i'm going to go out at 11 when the pool opens and lay out and work on my tan. i have no color on my skin right now so i am hoping i can lay out today and get some color and hopefully get just a little sun tomorrow and friday (even though the days are looking progressively stormy ahead thanks to the tropical storms that are heading inland)

so even though i'm 1200 miles away on vacation the bastard soon to be ex is still trying to play headgames. he sent me a newspaper article that talked about how budget uncertainties for my job would mean that i may not get paid on the 15th. that's a nice bit of pyschological warfare. i don't need to be worried while i'm on vacation that the one source of income for me and the children is going to be disrupted because a bunch of elected officials can't get their act together and vote on a budget. so i called home to talk to the kidlet and my mother tells me that he was over dropping the kid off after swimming and that he made sure to tell her about me possibly not getting paid on the 15th and how that would really mess things up. but mom, being the strong woman that she is, simply looked at him coldly and said, "we will be fine, don't you worry about how her bills will get paid." it's nice to know that mom is on my side. he's pissed her off so much with how he screwed me over on things that she has no tolerance for him anymore, and i'm sure he finds it surprising in his wee, little brain that she isn't on his side.

oh well.

if i think about that too much i will sit here and start thinking about the house and my lists of things to get done before the 1st of august. honestly, i don't want to think about any of that this week. this week i want to pretend that i don't have a care in the world. this week i want it to be just about me and my sweet boyfriend without all the lists i have going on back at home. i don't want to be distracted by worry... it's happened a few times, he will look at me and my thoughts are there, making those lists, thinking, worrying. i don't want to do that. we have little enough time together in the flesh without me bringing a ton of worry over things neither one of us can control while i'm down here. he has helped me with what he can. we went over my phone bill and my cable bill and found ways to consolidate and trim. he showed me some options of things i could do. he wants to help me so much, he wants to do so much for me, and yet he knows so much of this i have to do on my own.

i'm heading to the pool in a while... so i need to have a little breakfast first :)
enjoy the day ... i know i will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home